We believe that God is the source of all truth, and that all knowledge stems from Him.
- Church government
- Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- We believe the Bible in its 66 books of the Old and New Testaments to be the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, and authoritative word of God.
- We believe in one God—Creator of all things—eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His substitutionary and atoning death, in His resurrection from the dead, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His eventual, personal return to power and glory.
- We believe in the necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation due to the exceeding sinfulness of humanity and that individuals are justified by grace through faith solely by the accomplished work of Christ.
- We believe in the resurrection of those so saved to glorification in heaven and in the eternal separation from God of all others.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all true believers in Christ.
Sanctity of Human Life Statement
We believe all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Ps. 139:13-16).
Gender, Marriage, and Sexuality Statement
- We believe God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image of God (Gen. 1:26-27). Based on our biblical and theological study, we find no argument for a “third gender” among humans. Gender confusion and dysphoria are ultimately the biological, psychological, social, and spiritual consequences of the human race's fallen condition. This state of fallenness affects all persons individually and collectively. While society is at liberty to legitimize any behavior it chooses simply by reclassifying and renaming it, Christ-followers adhere to biblical boundaries. It is our Christian conviction that renaming them cannot normalize sin and its expressions.
- We believe the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen. 2:18-25). The school maintains a biblical view of human sexuality within the framework of marriage, a gift of God enjoyed as communion of a man and woman (1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4).
- We believe in order to follow the Scriptural teaching concerning marriage, we must affirm the immorality and sinfulness of sexual relationships outside of biblical marriage and of sexual relationships between persons of the same sex.
- We believe in the sufficiency of God’s grace in overcoming both the practice of such activity and the perversion leading to its practice to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Ex. 20:14, 17; 22:19; Lev. 20:10-16; Matt. 5:32; 19:19; Mark 10:11-12; and Luke 16:18).
- We believe every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). While we encourage repentance from sinful and offensive behaviors, we will simultaneously seek the protection and restoration of each person within our school family. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of Christian School District.
If you have any questions about this, contact our CHS Office, and we’d be happy to schedule a time for you to discuss this with our Campus Pastor.